- Common Problems
- About Us
- Contact Us
Find a Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Expert Near You!
Enter Zip Code
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
After you contracted with Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing, your service needs will be discussed with our senior production staff and materials will be ordered and prepared for your specific needs. Within a few days, you will receive a courtesy call from our production department to confirm a convenient starting date for your service. On the day you are to receive service, you can expect our service team to arrive between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., unless other arrangements have been made. A senior foreman will contact you and ask if you have any questions before the crew begins their work.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL THE AVERAGE BASEMENT WATERPROOFING SYSTEM?
Typically, you may expect us to work one to four days. The actual time depends on what we find once the floor area is opened and the condition of the lower wall area is determined. Should we find it necessary to extend our schedule, there will be no additional cost to you. If your contract includes structural or exterior work, please recognize that additional time will be required.
I HAVE A FINISHED BASEMENT WITH DRYWALL. IS THAT A PROBLEM?
Usually, this is not a problem. However, each case will have to be evaluated individually.
MORE HELPFUL BASEMENT WATERPROOFING REMINDERS!
- Avoid unlicensed home improvement contractors.
- Don't use a contractor if you believe he lacks the proper skills to do the job. His bargain price may be more attractive than his finished product.
- Don't use a contractor who you believe violates local building laws.
- Don't pay a contractor in advance prior to reading and signing a contract. The Home Improvement Commission Law prohibits a contractor from demanding and receiving payment before a contract is signed.
- The Home Improvement Laws cannot protect you if you deal with unlicensed contractors.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING A HOME IMPROVEMENT CONTRACTOR
- ALWAYS GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT. Always get a written contract before you permit work on your home to proceed. Make sure the contract specifies the date the work will begin. Determine exactly the type of improvements that are to be made, the quality of materials to be used, the estimated completion date, and a payment schedule. CAREFULLY READ the contract before signing it. Examine the entire document, including the fine print and back of contract, before affixing your signature.
- Be sure to check with the Better Business Bureau or your local area consumer groups to ensure that the company you are considering is licensed, bonded, and insured where necessary.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DELAY SERVICE?
Too often homeowners ignore or are unaware of potential water problems while continuing to finish off their basement. Lovely recreation rooms, dens and bedrooms have been ruined due to dampness or wetness. Warped paneling, mildewed furniture, lifted floor tile or ruined carpeting are all the unfortunate results of a wet basement.
Dampness also promotes the growth of mildew and vermin, which can lead to serious health concerns for the family. It can also draw termites, whose entrance into a home is facilitated by foundation cracks. A wet basement can reduce the value of a home by as much as 25 percent.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I THINK I HAVE WATER IN MY BASEMENT?
Contact Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing as soon as possible so we can schedule a free basement waterproofing inspection and report on the condition of your foundation.
WILL THERE BE DUST AS A RESULT OF THIS SERVICE, AND IF SO, HOW DO I PROTECT FURNITURE AND STORAGE AGAINST THE DUST?
The nature of the work will cause some disruption and dust. We recommend that you place old sheets, plastic drop cloths or some form of protective covering over all items and storage. Upon completion of service, we will broom clean the work area and haul away all job-related debris.